Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Allergic Reaction

Fun stuff.  So I've been very itchy on my right side.  It's just kind of a splotchy looking rash.  It seems to be okay one day and the next really itchy.  So this morning I gave it and just decided to call my primary care doc to see if she could squeeze me in today.  Sure enough they said c'mon in, we got space.  So I headed over there.  I have not seen her since my annual physical in early January.  She was quite impressed with my weight loss already and was curious when I had the surgery, so we talked about that, she was very happy.  Anyway, it seems I am having an allergic reaction to something, but what we don't know.  She gave me a cream to rub on it and told me if I needed to take benadryl I could look for Children's Liquid bendryl so I wouldn't have to worry about crushing the pills.  So we'll see how I do with the the cream, but I would have never thought of using a children's version of something to get it in liquid!

2 comments:

nikki said...

Isn't it such an amazing feeling when people notice your loss so early on? I'm so glad she noticed! Hope the itchy goes away and soon! :)

Rahshell said...

Yup, I was Rx'd Children's Motrin for post op, worked fantastically but the military hospital only carried orange flavored, that was GROSS!! In an allergic reaction I find that liquid benadryl works so much faster :)
I'm a newbie too, Jan 28. Doc advanced my diet so I've been on foods for about 2 weeks. He really told me to add to my diet at my discretion, no wonder my weight held for a week LOL

http://bandformybabies.blogspot.com