Sunday, February 20, 2011

Is is too much to ask?

So, hubby and I went grocery shopping today.  Ugh!  I swear, I don't think it is too much to ask for him to not buy and keep soda in the house.He does not do this often, maybe once every couple of months, but still, I can't have it and I don't really want it in the house.... I'm not saying he can't have it.  He can have it when we go out to eat or even buy it and take it to work, but having it in the house is tempting fate. I know I can't have it, but why tempt it!

Anyway, in other news, we took the dog to the park again, that was nice!  She loves the dog park!! Now, she's resting next to me on the couch, the sweetie that she is!  After that hubby was hungry, so I told him, he had to pick somewhere that has either mashed potatoes, cream soup or refried beans so I'd be able to eat something.  (I did have some applesauce in the car just in case cause I knew we'd be out for awhile.)  So, we went to one of our normal lunch spots, a nice little mexican restaurant.  Hubby ordered some enchiladas and instead of his black beans that it came with, he asked them to swap it out with refried beans and put them on the side, so that's what I ate.  They served it on this oval side plate, so I had no clue how much was there, but I ate about 1/3 of it.  I ate slow and listened to my body for when I didn't feel hungry anymore.  I think I did okay.

4 comments:

Beth Ann said...

After a while, I bet you find you don't have an issue with soda in the house. Maybe not...but, I was OBSESSED with Diet Coke pre-band. Now, it can be in my fridge or right in front of me and I have no desire. Occassionally, I have a craving, but I had a sip around Christmas when I was unfilled and it didn't taste good to me! I was so happy!! :) Maybe it will be the same way for you.

Sarah G said...

I gave up soda a little while before I was banded and I can honestly say I don't miss it anymore. I primarily drink water besides my daily cup of coffee and an occasional glass of iced tea.
I don't remember what my surgeon's position was on carbonated beverages, I just voluntarily put it on my "no" list.
Good luck getting a handle on the craving!

Unknown said...

I know this will sound bad, but I think me wanting him not to have soda around is more than me just not wanting soda. I rarely drank soda before surgery, just sometimes, like hubby does when I crave it, but I just figure if I have to give it up, he can too, it's not good for him either....

Rhonda said...

If he likes it, it might be too much to ask. I keep soda in my house for when guests come, and I don't feel tempted by it. Maybe having it around might show you how strong you really are?